Body Engineering Component Design Engineer
Our client, a global automotive manufacturer with an iconic brand, has made available a contract post for an Automotive Component Design Engineer to be based at their Gaydon location, offering up to £21.25 per hour (umbrella or limited company contractor basis).
Key Responsibilities of the Automotive Component Design Engineer
- Support the delivery of Programmes in initial concept phase
- Lead the planning, co-ordination, delivery and reporting of Key Performance Indicators associated with Programme Delivery Milestones and Gateways
- Support Design progression and validation activities such as; Bill of Materials (BoM) integrity and Product Integration processes to ensure that all changes are implemented robustly and support programme quality, cost and timing objectives
Qualifications and Experience required for the Automotive Component Design Engineer
- Excellent communications and presentation skills
- Demonstrated ability to communicate at all levels
- PC Literacy Power Point, Excel, Word etc.
- Able to assimilate large quantities of data
- Able to work with very little supervision and takes the initiative
- Proven project management experience
- Exposure to geometry (CAD, drawings etc.)
Preferred Qualifications and Experience for the Automotive Component Design Engineer
- Engineering knowledge of Body Engineering component design, function, performance, production & manufacturing requirements
- Significant experience in use of engineering tools FMEA, Six Sigma, problem resolution etc.
- Familiar with 8D process
- Knowledge of problem resolution processes
- Working knowledge of project delivery processes
- Working knowledge of change management processes
- History of involvement within the automotive sector
- Ideally degree educated
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.