Senior Quantity Surveyor
Our clients aim is to provide a team of committed, talented individuals, respected for their knowledge and experience in delivering high quality fit-out and refurbishment projects.
From their head office in Bolton the board have established a strong team specialising in design and build schemes with internal expertise in a number of construction solutions.
Their clients highly experienced team has been recruited from a wide range of construction sectors and ensures that they can confidently embark on any project knowing that the right team and knowledge base is in place.
They are currently recruiting for a highly competent Senior Quantity Surveyor
This is an urgent requirement so a quick response would be appreciated.
The successful candidate will report directly to the Director and will undertake the following duties:
Duties and Responsibilities (not in priority order)
- Prepare monthly cost reports and management reports forecasting accurately from commencement to completion of the project on financial and progress issues on a daily, weekly and monthly basis
- Updating information on progress of projects and passing to Commercial Director as require
- Ensure continuous communication with other team members to review contract progress and address immediately associated issues
- Attending site weekly (or as required) to review issues including providing solutions and advice to ensure successful project completion.
- Properly advise the client of variations and forecasting of the account including advising them of progress and delays and supporting this with relevant document correspondence.
- Ensure cash flow is maintained in our favour during course of the contract and provide early forecasting of any short fall should that be relevant.
- Ensure continuous correspondence with consultants including monitoring content of correspondence to be specific, relevant and grammatically correct.
- Monitor and review procurement - including placing subcontract orders and ensure they arrive on time and within budget
- Closing off final accounts and liabilities on the balance sheet
This is a permanent full time position. Working hours are Monday to Friday, 8am to 5pm. Basic salary will be dependent upon current level of experience.
- Health & Safety awareness
- Salary up to £60k + package
- Life assurance - 3 x annual salary
- Medical cash plan scheme (after successful completion of 6-month probationary period)
- Pension scheme (after successful completion of 6-month probationary period)
- 25 days' annual leave plus statutory entitlement
- Car or car allowance