Automotive Manufacturing and Facilities Manager
Our client, a major manufacturer based in Stafford with a globally recognised brand, has just made available a permanent opportunity for an Automotive Manufacturing Engineering and Facilities Manager to join their team, offering an on target salary, car allowance and bonus package of over £87,000 is on offer, dependent on experience plus an excellent benefits package.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Manufacturing Engineering and Facilities Manager that will have responsibility for the Manufacturing Engineering and planning functions, site maintenance, site wide facilities management and site Environmental, Health and Safety. The successful candidate will work closely with the operations and quality teams, and deliver on the facility improvement strategies supporting a continuing improvement to achieve world class results.
As the Manufacturing Engineering and Facilities Manager you will be a key member of the Facility Leadership Team, responsible for the performance of a team of c.40 employees across a 3 shift-working pattern. This opportunity will be ideal if you have previous experience within Manufacturing Engineering, Facilities Management and/or Technical Services and in addition to leadership experience.
Key Responsibilities of the Manufacturing Engineering and Facilities Manager
- Health and Safety in the workplace requirements
- Project management
- Procurement and installation of Machinery and equipment
- Specification of equipment
- Process design and management
- Strategy and vision setting and goal delivery
- Process documentation and procedures Capital management
- Management of suppliers and projects
- Ensure key milestones are governed and managed
- Manage budgets
- Efficiency improvements
Qualifications and Experience required for the Manufacturing Engineering and Facilities Manager
- College or university degree or equivalent experience
- Management / Leadership experience of accountability for extended teams (A leader of leaders)
- Performed a pivotal role in effecting a step change in improving performance metrics
- Operated in a key role in effecting a cultural change
- Proven track record of building successful teams through coaching and mentoring
- Good communication skills are required to develop a cooperative work relationship with others inside and outside the department
- Previous experience within a large scale manufacturing organisation plus familiarity with manufacturing facilities, equipment and processes
- Previous experience of Lean manufacturing
- Successfully managed large capital expenditure projects to improve operational efficiencies
Desired Qualifications and Experience required for the Manufacturing Engineering and Facilities Manager
- Previously carried out a lead role within continuous improvement
- Demonstrated experience in Six Sigma
To apply, please send us a copy of your up to date CV clearly indicating your relevant experience. Candidates must have an existing right to work in the UK and evidence of eligibility will be required. Suitable candidates will be contacted immediately.