Senior Management Accountant
My client is a manufacturing firm based in South Shields. They are a growing business looking to hire a Management Accountant. This is initially a contract role for the first 6 months to made permanent after that.
- Ensure all month end journals are processed accurately and on a timely basis relating to sales, margin and all central overhead and store costs.
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly management packs.
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts.
- Circulating cost reports to all sites including Directors and Senior managers.
- Identify areas of improvement in the role and highlight to the Head of Department, with proposed solutions where possible.
- Investigating ad hoc queries from managers and responding in a timely manner.
- Ensure balance sheet reconciliations are reconciled monthly for accruals, prepayments, payroll and key control accounts.
- Proven experience of working within a financial department.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Good communication skills.
- Able to work under pressure and to tight deadlines.
- Part Qualified (ACCA)
Cordant is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.