Loan Underwriter required in Norwich city centre!
Are you looking for the next step from customer service within the financial / insurance sector - perhaps retail banking environment? If you are, then our client can offer:
- Basic Salary £19,000 + (DOE)
- PLUS, performance related bonus
- PLUS, comprehensive training plan
- PLUS, opportunities for career progression
- PLUS, company contributed pension
- PLUS, private medical health care and death in service benefit
Our client is a well-established business and has grown in recent years. They have succeeded in growing without losing what’s important – their values and integrity. Their customers are at the heart of everything they do. The business recognises and rewards their top talent. Their team thrive in an open plan environment which is fun,friendly, and supportive.
They are recruiting dynamic individuals who are driven, ambitious, have a real eye for detail and are customer centric.
Loan Underwriter Responsibilities:
As a Loan Underwriter, you will be working as an integral member of a dedicated team responsible for the pre-qualification and underwriting of customer guarantor loan applications. You will be managing and co-ordinating individual cases from receipt of application through to conclusion. You’ll also be delivering an exceptional standard of customer service whilst using sound analytical skills to assess each customer’s individual circumstance and situation to assure their suitability.
The ideal Loan Underwriter:
You will possess:
- The ability to manage multiple cases simultaneously & effectively
- Deliver exceptional customer service & create a positive customer experience
- Strong communication skills, as this is an office based role and our client’s service is delivered entirely by telephone and online
- Handle sensitive and personal information confidentially
- Methodical & analytical approach
- Proactive approach in resolving problems
- Using skills and knowledge to ask open questions and where necessary, challenge information gained
- Acting with sensitivity and recognition of customers in potentially vulnerable positions – mindful of the longevity of the required loan
- A background within the financial services, banking or insurance preferable but not essential
- Working 40 hours a week on a rota basis. Mon – Fri 8am – 5pm / 9am - 6pm / 11am - 8pm.
- Working 1 Saturday morning a month (9am – 1pm), paid overtime at time and a half
- Great working environment
- Comprehensive training plan and framework in place
- Bonus Scheme
- 21 days’ holiday (increasing incrementally by 1 day per year – max 25 days)
- Option to work additional Saturdays for time in lieu
- Private Healthcare & Death in Service
If you are looking for your next challenge as a Loan Underwriter, then our client want to hear from you, please click APPLY!The vacancy you have applied for is being advertised by CVWOW Ltd, the UK's leading, award winning recruitment specialist. No terminology in this advert is intended to be deemed discriminatory. We are happy to accept applications from all suitably qualified persons regardless of their age, gender, race, religion, disability, sexual orientation or marital status. Full terms and conditions of the CVWOW business can be found on our website.