Junior Software Developer Apprentice - Manchester (M15)
This is fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join an exciting and vibrant company and have the opportunity to work with experienced employees and develop your future career
You will be working for...
A Manchester based company that specialises in developing and supply award winning Reflect disk imaging, file backup and disk cloning software. The company has solely focused on the development and distribution of world class software. Our client is rapidly growing and have over 3 million users worldwide, including many leading organisations and public corporations. Our client are a highly dynamic and motivated organisation that is enthusiastic about development and support, and take pride in being the best in the industry.
Be part of QA's 10k in Tech and add yourself to the UK's tech explosion!
Responsibilities of the Junior Software Developer Apprentice:
Main duties of the role:
- Setup and Configure systems to automate repetitve tasks using Powershell, Macrium Reflect and Chocolatey
- Manage/Configure a website created in Drupal
The company are also very fond of learning on the job so along side your apprenticeship you will be given a subscription to PluralSight. This allows you to take time out during your busy week to learn/brush up on skills from Online resources created by leaders in the field of software development.
Requirements of the Junior Software Developer Apprentice:
- Minimun 7 GCSE's at grade C & above or equivalent inc Maths
- Passion for Software Development - ideally more of a Front-End Developer
- To want to work within team and progress within the role
- To be enthusiastic and approach each task with a positive attitude
- Good communication skills
- Smart/Casual dress policy
- Inclusion in the companies' non-contributory Group Personal Pension Scheme, with employer contributions of 9% of basic salary.
- Cover of 4 times basic annual salary in the event of death in service.
- Great career opportunities on successful completion of the apprenticeship, previous apprentices have gone on to secure full time roles within the company
- Regular pay reviews- An indication of the salary range on offer for after completion of the apprenticeship:
- Junior Developer £15,000-£20,000(1-2 years after apprenticeship completion)
- Developer £25,000-£45,000(3-5 years after apprenticeship completion)