Area Sales Engineer
An Area Sales Engineer with technical experience of process control industries is required for a permanent employment opportunity with a leading industrial electronics and energy management company. There are two opportunities, one based in the Midlands and one to be based in the North West.
The role is offering a salary up to £45,000 per annum (plus up to 20% bonus, plus 28 days holiday) based on years of relevant industry experience.
Our client is a global manufacturer of instrumentation, systems and services designed for the efficient operation of industrial processes. The company's reputation as a provider of innovative solutions across a broad spectrum of vertical markets is complemented by a range of engineering support services, designed to improve the performance and effectiveness of customers' plant-wide assets.
- Carry out site visits to existing and prospective customers.
- Build on existing relationships with current client base as well as developing new relationships with prospective customers through creating demand for company products and pursuing opportunities to fruition.
- Maintaining all existing and prospective customer information within our CRM tool.
- Meeting allocated Sales and Margin targets for sales territory.
- Development of product and application skills as well as maintaining current skills.
Competencies & Key Metrics
- Develop relationships with customers at all levels including executive.
- Understand and use customer and industry drivers for success in accounts.
- Understand competitors, their strategies and counter-tactics.
- Ability to manage large opportunities by creating demand, creating proposals and negotiating sales.
- Orders - to target and previous year.
- Margin - to target and previous year.
- Number of customer visits per week.
- Size and conversion of sales funnel.
- Maintenance and compliance of our CRM.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate a detailed knowledge of many, if not all, of the following.
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
- High level sales skills.
- Customer acquisition.
- Account management.
- Opportunity management.
- Electronic and Electrical knowledge to HNC level.
- PC skills including standard Microsoft packages.
- Networking, industrial control applications.
- Technical and Applications.
- Have good technical knowledge of process control industries
- Product and Solutions.
- Sales knowledge of DCS, SCADA, PLC environment and common system architecture.
- Possess a good awareness of distributed databases and industry communication standards.
- Have specific sales knowledge of automation solutions and their integration with the MES and ERP environments.
- Experience as a field based sales person.
- Experience in a role within process control.
Whilst no specific qualifications are required, candidates should be of 'Graduate Calibre'. Formal technical qualifications would be a significant advantage.
- Full UK driving licence.
- A home environment that allows effective working from home.
- The role will require travel within the UK and possibly overseas.
If you are interested in this position please APPLY NOW or for further information you can contact Mitchell Preston-Phypers on or email
Keywords: Sales, Electrical, Electronic, HNC, DCS, SCADA, PLC, Architecture, System, MES and ERP