Health & Social Care Trainer / Assessor
Salary £21,225 + 25 Days Holiday + Pension + Expenses + Flexible Benefits
Location: West Yorkshire -Pontefract / Wakefield
Babcock is one of the UK’s largest private sector apprenticeship providers, delivering approximately 20,000 apprenticeships to young people and adults across a wide range of sectors across the UK. Delivering substantial growth in the last decade, we continue to invest in the design and delivery of world class apprenticeship programmes.
We have an outstanding track record of working closely with our clients to identify their individual training needs and deliver bespoke training programmes that create a skilled and well trained workforce.
We are looking to appoint an Adult Care Trainer / Assessor to join our successful team based in and around the West Yorkshire region purpose of the role is to successfully recruit progress and complete a caseload of learners.
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate significant expertise in this sector, at a supervisory or management level and have the ability to identify and engage with both employers and learners to ensure successful delivery.
This is an excellent opportunity to change direction in your Health and Social Care career and train to become an Assessor, or for an experienced assessor to join a strong and growing company.
This exciting opportunity is within our Work-Based Learning Team, which will allow you to draw on your experience of the Adult Care industry, to provide learners in their workplaces with support and training, enabling them to realise their career potential.
This position is field based across the region, open to qualified and non-qualified assessors and will require frequent travel across various locations to coach learners throughout their qualifications and deliver Modern Apprenticeships. (You must have use of your own car).
This is an excellent opportunity for the right candidate and will allow you the freedom to work independently and manage your own time and to draw on your Health and Social Care expertise to provide learners in their workplaces with the support and training they need to enable them to realise their full career potential.
- Visiting learners in the workplace and assessing / tutoring them in their NVQ/QCF qualifications.
- Maintaining documentation on learners’ progression
- Planning and implementing initial assessments and course reviews with learners
- Delivering learner portfolios to agreed standards
- Working as part of a regional team
- Building and developing relationships with Employers
We will also consider unqualified candidates who are looking to pursue a career in NVQ/ QCF assessing and feel they have all the other skills and attributes required then please also apply. Babcock offer full training along with the opportunity to work towards and achieve the TAQA Assessors Award.
Minimum requirements are:
- Demonstrable industry expertise at management/ supervisory level, in Adult Care/ Health and Social Care
- L2 Maths and English Functional Skills
- To possess excellent organisational skills and a professional demeanour
- Have a valid driving licence and your own car, with a willingness to travel within the region
- To be self-motivated and possess a flexible approach
- Focused on delivering targets set
- Ability to work in and adapt to a changing environment and strong time management
Offers of employment are normally subject to satisfactory references and any other required pre-employment checks. In certain circumstances, successful applicants will need to satisfy security clearance requirements.
Babcock is an equal opportunities employer and positively encourages applications from suitably qualified and eligible candidates regardless of sex, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, religion or belief, marital status, or pregnancy and maternity.
Please apply using the button below.
Please include a detailed CV with a full work history. Please also ensure you provide an explanation for any gaps in employment.
Due to the high level of response we normally receive, if you have not heard from us within 3 weeks please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.