Highway Project Engineer
We are currently seeking an experienced and hard working Project Engineer to work on a variety of Highways schemes based in London.
Our Client is a large and continually growing, Leading Engineering and Maintenance Company and they are hoping to expand their London Highways team with a talented Civil Engineer on a freelance basis.
As Project Engineer, you will assist the Schemes Project Manager in the day to day management and delivery of highway improvement and road renewal schemes for the contract. The position is based south of the River and covers Highways Schemes across the area.
The Key Points:
- Produce and check Method Statements, Risk Assessments and Construction Phase Plans
- Produce works programmes and liaise with contractor to ensure programme dates are met
- Liaise and facilitate relationships with designers, contractors, stakeholders and client
- Advise designers on buildability of designs
- Manage all permits and approvals for the schemes
- Assist in resolving site/construction issues
- Arrange and chair progress meetings with contractors
- Ensure schemes are constructed in accordance to the approved design
- Ensure workforce adhere to H&S and Environmental rules
You should be a qualified Civil Engineer, have a few years Highways experience under your belt, possess good knowledge of Traffic Management and strong knowledge of Health & Safety Practices.
We are after a hard working, knowledgeable and personable individual that can work in their own initiative but that can also take and follow directions.
If you are a Civil Engineer in the London area with a few years experience of Highways Schemes and the desire to progress and see a job well done, we want to speak with you.
This position is an ongoing contract paying around £20-£24 per hour.
Apply directly with your CV or just give us a call if you don't have a CV to hand, we love a good chat!