Based IN Birmingham
A Quality Engineer is required to join an international high precision engineering business, close to Birmingham City Centre. As a Quality Engineer your key duty will be to work alongside the business unit manager to support the manufacturing production environment, taking preventative action to overcome problems and to ensure the quality of processes and the final product. In return for your services the company are offering a salary of £40,000 per annum plus an exceptional benefits package.
In the position of Quality Engineer you will possess the following key responsibilities:
- To support the manufacturing line in maintaining outputs in line with existing procedures
- Formulating KPIs, including devising measures and associated Action Plans and monitoring outputs, identifying and resolving associated issues
- Liaising with internal colleagues and external suppliers / customers where required to identify and resolve issues
- Formulating Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) documents above level 2 status as specified by the customer or internal procedures, initial inspection reports by documenting return products condition, coordinating analysis and testing of product, ensuring timely progress of report closures and associated Action Plans and monitoring outputs, identifying and resolving associated issues
- To support prototype builds ensuring all special requirements are met
- Implement and monitor lean manufacturing processes, ensuring that best practice is achieved and maintained
- Assist colleagues with data collection and trials
In the position of Quality Engineer you will possess the following key skills;
- HNC/HND in Engineering or equivalent qualification preferred, or qualified by experience
- Experienced in measuring parts, preferably manifolds
- Experienced in 8D Familiar with ISO 9000, FMEA, APQP, SPC and R & R studies, knowledge of ISO 14000 advantageous
- Proven background in business improvement activities
- Experience of hydraulics preferred
- Excellent organisational skills with the ability to manage small projects from start to completion in a timely manner, meeting budgetary requirements
This position is based in Birmingham and is easily commutable from Sutton Coldfield, Walsall, Tamworth, Lichfield, Cannock, Wolverhampton, Dudley, Bromsgrove, Redditch, Solihull and Coventry
If you are an experienced Quality Engineer, looking for a new opportunity please apply immediately. In return for your services they are offering a starting salary of £40,000 per annum, plus benefits package.
Recruit12 is a recruitment specialist working within the Automotive, Aerospace, and World Class manufacturing sectors.
Important: Please note Recruit12 is only able to place into employment candidates that have a valid EU passport, a European Economic Area (EEA) passport or a valid UK visa