Mechanical Design Engineer
Mechanical design Engineer
Work inside an Engineering team, design, develop, qualify and modify subsea power connector products:
• Analyse, design, develop, maintain products and assist in their commercialization - in agreement with project technical and timing objectives.
• Design, produce analyses, mathematical models.
• Build prototypes, products and systems suitable for testing and may be required to set up and run lab simulations.
• Design testing procedures and coordinate with others to perform tests. Conduct tests, document test results and develop client presentation.
• Provide timely corrective actions on all assigned defects and issues.
• Conduct and/or participate in technical reviews of requirements, specifications, designs, code and other artefacts.
• Create and maintain product documentation (requirements, specification, design, development, integration, test procedures and results).
• Complies with applicable company policies', including Personnel, Quality System and Health, Safety and Environment standards and procedures.
• Successfully complete required safety training (including but not limited to drugs and alcohol, electrical, emergency response, fire, first aid, health and hygiene, PPE)
What are the key challenges someone may face in this role in the first 3-6 months?
They will need to be able to get up and running quickly within the role
Have relevant/required experience in connector and subsea power connecters
Get used to the processes & procedures, systems & products
Ideally look for this individual to be working independently within 3 months
• Degree qualified in Mechanical discipline
• A high profile Mechanical Engineer with experience and a good track record in the design and development of electro-mechanical products
• Experience designing high power subsea electrical connectors highly desirable.
• Proficient user of CAD for creation of 3D designs and 2D manufacturing drawings
• Knowledge on metallic and elastomer materials
• Experience of clearance and fits and tolerance analysis desirable.
• Good working knowledge of manufacturing processes and tooling
• Knowledge in the management of BOM's, 3D & 2D technical drawings within the context of a structured NPD process
This job was originally posted as www.totaljobs.com/job/82360122