Powertrain Calibration Engineer
Our client designs, develops and prototypes advanced vehicle/powertrain electronic control systems and hybrid-electric engine concepts that address future emission and fuel economy standards. The company has expanded its engineering capabilities to include full vehicle systems and now also offers a broad expertise in electronics, telematics and infotainment system engineering.
Our clients UK Engineering Consultancy is expanding to support the growing number of projects here in the UK and as a result is looking to recruit an experienced Calibration Engineer.
As a development partner to many vehicle manufacturers we value customer orientation, technical expertise, initiative and the ability to work independently and to integrate in project delivery teams. Successful candidates will show a focus on the quality of their work and a methodological approach to execute tasks.
The position will be resident onsite at our client’s premises based in Warwickshire.Your tasks
- The Calibration Engineer will primarily responsible for facilitating technical exchanges between our client and the customer ensuring the timely achievement of milestones
- Managing calibration databases and ensuring proper functioning of all new software/calibration releases at the client site
- Troubleshooting problems with the calibrations at vehicle level if and when required
- Weekly reporting on project progress and regular meetings with other project engineers (Base/Starts/Drivability/Emissions/OBD) at our clients would be an essential part of the job
- Analysis of test data and creation of calibration modifications
- Minimum education level requirement would be a Masters (M.Sc. or M.Eng) diploma in the automotive domain.
- Full and clean driving license
- Knowledge of MS Office
- Experience in Gasoline or diesel calibration in one or more departments of engine calibration.
- Practical knowledge of the INCA software and related ETAS hardware
- A good knowledge of the BOSCH engine management system is required with a broad overview of the calibration functions.
- Additionally, relevant data analysis (MDA/AVL Concerto/UniPlot, etc.), MS office and calibration database management tool experience are required