FULL TIME POSITION, 9.00AM - 5.00PM MONDAY TO FRIDAY (35 HOUR WEEK)
SALARY £15-18,000 PER ANNUM DEPENDANT ON EXPERIENCE
Our Client is a leading plastic product manufacturer, who work across a number of sectors delivering effective plastic solutions - from components to retail display. Established in 1969, our clients experience and expertise means they are able to deliver a complete service from design to delivery.
Our Client is seeking an enthusiastic and hardworking individual to join an established team at their Award-winning offices.
Reporting directly to the Purchasing Manager, you will provide support in ensuring that materials, supplies, and equipment, are sourced effectively and efficiently. You will monitor supplier performance and undertake bench marking exercises, to ensure the Company consistently receive best value. You will form positive relations with both external suppliers and internal key personnel, and will be able to positively negotiate deals in order to meet Company requirements.
To be considered you must be able to demonstrate positive and effective negotiation skills. You will have exceptional communication skills, attention to detail, and the ability to manage a varied and demanding workload on your own initiative. You must be able to adapt in a fast-paced working environment and be enthusiastic in driving the business forward.
- To maintain positive and effective relationships with existing and new suppliers
- To source new products in accordance with Company requirements
- To ensure purchased goods are received within the parameters of the agreement with Company and Supplier
- To liaise with suppliers if receipt of goods will be delayed
- To ensure that key internal personnel remain informed in regards to goods purchased
- To maintain all purchasing documents, files and records using Company internal systems
- To report on supplier performance
- To review purchasing invoices and report any discrepancies
- To raise and review purchase orders within assigned parameters
- To send out requests for quotation
- To actively participate in Company meetings
- A confident individual with a positive and proactive manner
- Enthusiastic to develop personal skills and to deliver exceptional results and service
- Previous experience of at least 12 months within a Purchasing role
- Commercial acumen required and an understanding of pricing, budgets and costings
- Ability to negotiate and engage with suppliers
- An exceptional communicator, both verbally and written
- To demonstrate honesty, integrity, respect and flexibility at all times
- Good organisational skills and a methodical approach to work
- The ability to prioritise workloads and meet project deadlines
- Highly accurate and numerate
- Excellent team working skills
- IT Skills within Microsoft Office
- Ability to work independently and problem solve
- Flexible skill set and quick to adapt and learn
- Able to follow Company procedures and processes
If you are interested in joining our established and expanding business, then please click on the appy button attaching your most up to date CV.
This role is being handled by C2 Recruitment the leading specialist retail recruitment consultancy covering the whole of the UK. C2 Recruitment is like no other recruitment agency you will have worked with; all of our consultants have actually worked within the industry to which they recruit meaning we truly understand your sector firsthand.
To view other great opportunities please check out our website or call us on 01743 770280 for a confidential chat about upcoming opportunities.
Follow C2 Recruitment on your favourite social networks - Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest.
For more jobs in Retail, Fashion and Hospitality, click here