Exciting opportunity for a General Manager to open a new Café Bar in Kidderminster for our rapidly developing award-winning concept!
The Lounges are a rapidly growing group of neighbourhood café bars, recently recognised as ‘Operators of the Year’ at the R200 awards. We are open all day, every day and serve great quality food and drink in a welcoming, relaxed environment. (Check out www.thelounges.co.uk) Due to the success of our group we are rolling the brand out with an amazing new site in Kidderminster. We are currently recruiting for a talented General Manager at this exciting new site.
This is an exciting role with an award winning company that is set for great further expansion over the next few years. This position is not for the faint hearted, and office monkeys need not apply! We are more interested in a chap or chapess who wants to have a part to play in a swiftly evolving company whilst running a truly beautiful business. Frankly, who wouldn’t want that?
Who are we looking for?
- Energetic and vibrant, as General Manager you will be the ‘face’ of our businesses, and need to look the part – smart and well presented; you will set the standard for the site from the start. The right candidate will have a natural gift for hospitality and be able to motivate and lead a team through their passion, their example and their commitment.
- As General Manager you will be a master of all trades who can bang out great tasting coffee, epitomise great bar service, look slick on the restaurant floor and do it all with a dazzling smile and aura of calm competence.
- A calm and organised individual with a structured and systematic approach to training, preparation and shift management, who is as comfortable setting up an MS Excel Spread sheet as they are tapping a cask of ale.
- A big personality who can lead from the front, with a wicked eye for detail, and is a highly organised and effective man manager.
- Great General Manager salary package of up to £30,000 per annum including bonus, depending on experience.
- Chance to join an expanding and recession busting company.
- General Manager Company incentives including trips abroad.
- General Manager Training includes Wine training, Coffee Training from the Europe’s Number 1 Barista (He’s Number 2 in the world but we’re keeping quiet until he’s number 1!), Advanced Health and Hygiene courses, Employment Law Training, Management Skills, Time Management, Financial Management, First Aid courses, and Cocktail Courses.
- Sensible working week working with decent people!
- Fantastic opportunity for advancement and progression for the right candidate.
Please apply with a full CV stating the position you are applying for. If you feel you have insufficient experience for the General Manager role, but would be interested in joining us in another capacity, please feel free to send us your CV and a short cover letter explaining the job you feel you would be suited for and why you are interested in our group.