PR Account Director 1 year Maternity Contract
My client is looking for a talented and motivated Account Director to join their Consumer and B2B divisions. Account Directors will craft the story for our clients and strategically direct the campaign approach, managing the Account Managers and other team members to ensure success. The Account Director will lead in content creation, define the multi-channel approach and tactics needed to deliver really successful and compelling communications that cut through the noise and generate excellent ROI. It is Account Directors responsibility to ensure that our agency is the choice across the whole communications arena, by leading and managing the delivery of high quality content, timely client work, realising new business opportunities, sharing best practice and developing high performing teams. Successful candidates will work across a variety of accounts, dependent on experience, including finance, automotive, health and recruitment. Agency or in-house experience is crucial for anyone applying to this role. Key Skills for Account Directors
· An expert understanding of the communications mix, from traditional, to online, social and paid for.
· Understand the different forms of content, not just in the written form, but also to have a deep awareness in planning creative content, from infographics to video animations.
· Ensure sector expertise across your accounts and also a general knowledge of the PR and communications industry.
· Demonstrate an understanding of the key skills your team will use on a daily basis (such as forward features, Gorkana, social media platforms and industry trends, etc.)
· Ensure a strong understanding of client revenues and budgets. Keep track of and manage client profitability, tracked against the client plan and initial proposals.
· Demonstrate an eye for detail and, more specifically, quality work. Ensure quality standards are being maintained in the team and that this outstanding work is highlighted to clients regularly.
· A strategic vision will be key to this role. Account Directors will need to get under the skin of their clients and write/plan their communications strategy accordingly, both for the here and now and on a longer term basis to tell the master narrative. This will also need to be communicated to all other members of the team in a way that resonates with their skill set and temperament.
Salary Dependent on experience
Hours Monday - Friday, 9am - 5.30pm with out of hours expected as needed. Benefits include bonus scheme, health insurance, one week working holiday each summer (our Summer School), early finish during summer on Fridays.hours expected as needed.