My client is a rapidly growing, global business based in Manchester City Centre who are looking for a Qualified Group Accountant to join them. The company now has offices worldwide with multi-billion pound turnover, an excellent growth plan and a professional culture. They spend a lot of their time developing their staff and ensuring they fully understand the wider business, after all how can you be expected to add value as a finance function without fully understanding the business you are in? They have won awards for their ethics and are a true market leader in the field, outperforming their competitors, not based on cost but by quality and reputation.
As the Group Accountant you will be confident in supporting the month end process, delivering financial reports and working on exciting new projects. This role is ideal for someone who is seeking a position which combines both technical and commercial accounting and reporting. The role is intended to provide support to multiple teams and working towards business wide goals to improve the quality, timeliness and effectiveness of month end and statutory reporting across the group and into the Board.
The client is a prestigious company with incredible reach and rapid growth. You will work in modern office with exceptional, long standing staff members in a culture that really values it's employees and rewards hard work.
As the Group Accountant you can expect to be involved in:
- Technical and commercial reporting
- WIP reporting and calculations including costs
- Maintenance and preparation of the group financial model
- Business partnering across the business
- Quarterly reporting, including insight and analysis
- Monthly reporting and analysis for the Group Finance manager and the Board
- Year end and half year audits
- Ad hoc project across the group
- Assist with the month end processes
The Group Accountant will be:
- Qualified ACA or ACCA
- Be educated to degree level or equivalent
- Have excellent experience on Excel, including macros, pivots, lookups etc.
- Be confident in prepping and analysing the accounts as above
- Have experience in a business partnering
- Be confident enough to challenge managers and offer them an honest opinion drawn from the analysis of the accounts
If this role is of interest then please reply with your up to date CV and I will be in touch to discuss your application.