Senior Site Engineer
We are an Equal Opportunities Employer
Based: Kent, Surrey & East Sussex
Reporting to: Project Manager / Site Agent
This position will give you the opportunity to progress into site management.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Setting out on civil engineering projects
- Manage and develop junior members of the setting out team
- Assist the Project Manager / Site Agents with site records, risk assessments, method statements and permits as appropriate
- Communicate setting out control and provide information to assist with the construction of works
- Record 'as built' information for Health & Safety File
- Ensure setting out equipment is properly maintained and calibrated
- Carry out pre-start OGL surveys with Survey Department
Skills and Ability
- Applicants will have a proven record of setting out on civil engineering projects including earthworks, deep drainage, highways and infrastructure and be capable of producing As-Built drawings of such.
- Ideally qualified to Graduate standard.
- Applicants should hold a CSCS card and have at least 5 years site experience.
- Excellent communications skills are essential, as is the ability to work under their own initiative.
- Applicants will be conversant with all surveying instruments, co-ordinate setting out and be able to work confidently with Autodesk Auto-Cad.
- SMSTS and First Aid will be an advantage but not essential.
- A full clean driving licence is essential.
- Preference will be given to applicants who have a desire to manage and develop junior members of the setting out team.
Life Assurance to 4 times salary
Hours of Work
Generally 7.30am - 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Annual leave is 26 days, plus bank holidays, of which 7 days must be taken at Christmas in accordance with the industry shutdown.