Our client is a successful principal contractor operating throughout the United Kingdom who have forged an excellent reputation within the industry. Delivering schemes for a wide range of public and private clients with values ranging from £1m - £5m. Due to a period of sustainable growth they are actively looking to permanently recruit an experienced Quantity Surveyor who wishes to join a vibrant & enthusiastic team working for an exciting company that provide a fully managed construction service to a wide range of sectors including Hotel, Leisure, Commercial, Education and Historic & Listed Buildings.
The ideal candidate will have gained a construction related degree or equivalent, be working within the construction industry as a Quantity Surveyor and have experience of reputable construction and/or fit out contractors.
- Sound & comprehensive understanding of construction industry
- JCT & NEC Contract experience
- Proficient knowledge of measurement and valuation;
- Good knowledge of standard forms of contract;
- Proficient in reading drawings, specifications and knowledge of construction process;
- Ability to negotiate with clients/sub contractors;
- Ability to draft sub contracts;
- Experience of undertaking risk assessments and valuation of them in conjunction with other project team members;
- Ability to work in a team environment;
- Experience of value engineering;
- Experience of the Conquest or Bespoke estimating software packages is desirable;
Excellent communication skills will be essential as you will be liaising with Clients, Consultants, sub-contractors and senior management.You will be qualified to degree level or equivalent and have experience at a similar level, or be looking to take the next step on the career ladder. Membership of a recognised professional body is desirable.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual who is willing to be flexible, hands on and willing to go the extra mile when required due to the nature of the company.
If you have experience in a similar role or are looking to make the next step up in your career then please forward your CV for consideration.
This vacancy is based in the United Kingdom. Approach Personnel only operates in the UK and can only process applications from candidates who are currently a resident and eligible to work in the UK.
Whilst we will endeavour to contact you following your response due to the high volume of applications this cannot always be possible. If you have not had notification within 7 days unfortunately your application has not been successful but we will keep your details on file for future opportunities.