Thames Valley Police is the territorial police force responsible for policing the Thames Valley area covered by the counties of Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire. It is one of the largest territorial police forces in England.This is a brand new opportunity to join the Information and Communications Technology department that has the responsibility to support front line policing, crime investigation and delivering service improvement across Thames Valley Police and Hampshire Constabulary for the benefit of the public.
- Your task will be to provide expert Security Architecture advice to Technical Architects and Project Managers to ensure the implementation of pragmatic, cost-effective cyber security controls.
- You are required to identify technical information risks and propose improvements to management.
- To find new and emerging technologies and evaluate how these can be used securely to improve communication.
- Provide the initial response and management of IT Security incidents across both Forces.
- Effective communication skills, dealing with customers and stakeholders at all levels.
- Proven advanced user skills in office computer applications.
- Appropriate qualification or significant experience in a relevant discipline, e.g. Information Governance, Data Protection, Information Assurance / Security, MoPI.
- Technical understanding of IT systems and familiarity with Cloud and Mobile technologies.
- Appropriate professional qualification in relevant discipline, e.g. MSc Information Security, CISSP, CESG Certified Professional etc.
- Appropriate technical qualifications (such as: Security+, CEH, MCSE, CCNA etc.)
- Proven ability to work under pressure, prioritise and manage workload whilst remaining positive and motivated.
The closing date for completed applications is Monday 1st May 2017.