More photos have been taken this decade than in the rest of history! Rapid advances in mobile technology mean that over a trillion pictures are captured each year. Our client helps the photo industry stay ahead of the game.
Our client is looking for talented people to work with them to build solutions for some of the world’s biggest brands, and millions of their customers. Over the last 12 years, they have grown a diverse client base that ranges from individual store owners, through high street chains to massive global corporations. Although they are based in the UK, their core clients are also located in Ireland and North America.
Why you should join our client:
• They love developing technology, utilizing Open Source projects as the foundation for their systems
• They have an open, honest and transparent culture
• They empower people to make decisions with impact
• They are open to change in their processes, techniques and skills
• They have a smart, motivated and supportive team
• They value learning, agility and feedback
Their team finds creative and innovative ways to solve complex hardware and software problems for their clients. They keep development cycles fast, adapting as they go along, and investing in a culture of discovery and continual feedback.
Our client is looking for individuals committed to learning more of their trade, and supporting each other’s growth in the process. They still have a startup-like culture of openness to ideas and opportunities for talent to be put to good use, plus a market-tested and profitable product line. So they like to think they have the best of both worlds.
You will join around 80 of them, based in comfortable, freshly renovated offices located in a conservation area in Hampshire. Trains to Chichester, Southampton, Brighton and London are a 5 minute walk away, and they are also a 15 minute walk to the sea. They have got all the usual suspects; breakout areas, a games room and free on-site employee parking. And plenty of the more unusual suspects; a sizable garden, fitness suite, a plethora of musical instruments, modern kitchens, a host of the latest gadgets, opportunities for sporting enthusiasts, copious nerf guns and much more. Plus a 1Gbps fibre connection. Our client takes their technology very seriously!
To make a long story short, they have grown a place where they love working, and they think you will too.
Online Merchandiser - What you’ll be doing:
Owning and delivering the vision for a customer’s website experience including the product presentation, website usability and cross-device compatibility in order to drive increases in sales, conversion rates, average order value and margin for a major UK client:
• Optimising product listing, product details and highlighting key features to maximise sales
• Optimising onsite search and categorisation to improve customer experience and conversion
• Optimising the buying process, making it oh-so-easy
• Defining and implementing cross-sell and upsell strategies
• Working closely with their graphics team, account managers and coding developers
• Researching, planning for and implementing new technologies
Online Merchandiser - You should apply if you:
• Are commercially-minded, with notable success in a previous eCommerce Merchandiser role
• Have considerable experience of SEO, SEM, Adwords and CPC business user systems
• Regularly use Google Analytics to generate customer behaviour insights and inform online strategies
• Have a proven record of strong analytical skills and advanced Excel and HTML / CSS competencies
• Have excellent organisational skills, maintaining an eye for detail, deadlines and quality
• Can co-ordinate a number of competing priorities and deadlines
• Are confident liaising with key business stakeholders at all levels
• Delight in being creatively innovative
It is a bonus if you have experience with:
• Linux and associated technologies
• Working in the photographic and / or photo gift industries
• Working with SVG files and the manipulation of photos on physical products
• £20,000 - £28,000 commensurate with skills / experience, possibly more for an exceptional candidate
• 28 days paid holiday (including Bank Holidays) rising by a day each year to 31 days after 3 years
• A generous bonus scheme to reward your contribution to the success of our client, paid at Christmas
• 4% contributions towards the NEST pension scheme
• Membership of a Health and Wellbeing support scheme
• Childcare Vouchers and membership of a Ride2Work scheme (discounted bicycles)
• A healthy social calendar
• Learning and development opportunities, both internally and externally
Please apply online for this Online Merchandiser position with your full CV and one page covering letter explaining how you fulfill the role above and describing an interesting merchandising project or problem that you've worked on recently. Please provide a link to your portfolio of websites which you have created / managed in the form of attachments ONLY.
Please check your email for confirmation that your application for this Online Merchandiser position has been received and to follow further instructions if applicable.