Our Oxford based creative client are looking for an enthusiastic and pro-active Web Designer who is talented in front-end web design and interaction. To join the existing web development department. The selected Web Designer will primarily be weighted towards front-end design and programming, taking care of interfaces and usability. The Web Designer also requires a working understanding of PHP and the ability to help out with back-end programming, as required.
This Web Designer role is a unique chance to play a pivotal role in one of the UK’s leading independent media companies directly with growing their worldwide audience of consumers, from websites to web-based software projects, servers and ecommerce.
This Web Designer role is full-time, based in central Oxford near to the train station. Please include a link to your portfolio of web design examples, clearly stating your level of involvement in each case.
Ideal Wed Designer Background and Experience
We are ideally looking for proven experience as a professional Front-End Web Designer with some development and a good enough working knowledge of PHP to complete a pre-interview PHP task. A academic background is also preferred.
Responsibilities of the Web Designer
- Design, implement, test and maintain websites, focusing on front-end design, interaction and usability
- Work to functional and project-specific aesthetic briefs, within technical limitations
- Design sample/mock-up page layouts and/or wireframes
- Streamline and implement logical menu flow and function of interfaces
- Design graphics, web animations and manipulate digital images and photographs
- Design visual imagery and ensuring it's in line with company branding policy
- Support our PHP programmers in the implementation and maintenance of back-end systems
- General web administration such as uploading new content for different departments
- Ad-hoc support to our in-house customer service team, to assist them to resolve technical and transaction related customer queries
- Document processes and task tracking, with great attention to detail
- Research new tools, techniques and processes and how they can benefit the team
- Collaborate productively with all web team members, as well as our marketing department and multi-disciplined development staff, communicating ideas and issues clearly
- Be responsive to deadlines and work well under pressure, meeting multiple production objectives and high quality standards
Skills needed for the Web Designer position
- Strong flair for creative front-end web design and interaction, with excellent attention to detail and awareness of usability issues
- Ability to wireframe and/or prototype and to grasp new concepts and tools quickly
- Working knowledge of PHP and MySQL and good problem-solving skills
- Knowledge and experience of OOP and MVC frameworks (ideally Laravel)
- Excellent initiative, self-motivation, communication, organisational and problem solving skills
- Good communication and team-working skills as well as the ability to accept and follow direction
- Working knowledge of any of the following would also be a bonus: IDEs, debugging, logging, automated testing (PHPUnit, TDD), version control systems (Git, Perforce, SVN), Agile methodologies, Linux OS and command line tools
If you would like to apply for this Web Designer position please contact Cameron at Haybrook IT with your CV and a portfolio of work.
Referral Scheme: If this role isn’t for you then perhaps you could recommend a friend or colleague to Haybrook IT. If we go on to place that person in a permanent or temporary capacity then you could be rewarded with £500!! Please see our website for terms and conditions.
Haybrook IT Resourcing is Oxford’s leading IT recruitment agency. With exclusive access to some of the region’s most successful companies, send in your CV today to secure your next IT position.
Haybrook IT Resourcing Ltd acts as an employment agency and an employment business.
We value diversity and always appoint on merit.