Nursing Home Manager J1532
Nursing Home Manager required for Gold Standard nursing home based in the Dorset area.
Job Title: Nursing Home Manager
Location: Weymouth, Dorset
Hours: Permanent, Full time
Salary: Up to £50,000 PRP to £2,500
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Nursing Home Manager looking for a new challenge!
About Our Client:
Our client is a 51 bedded nursing home, that specialises in Dementia care. The home offers spacious single bedrooms with en-suite facilities. The home prides itself on offering person-centred care and takes all interests and abilities into account when providing care and organising activities and events. Residents are supported to maintain as much independence as possible.
Specialist Care Categories: Alzheimer's * Cancer Care * Challenging Behaviour * Colitis & Crohn's Disease * Down Syndrome * Epilepsy * Hearing Impairment * Huntington's Disease * Motor Neurone Disease * Multiple Sclerosis * Parkinson's Disease * Schizophrenia * Speech Impairment * Stroke * Visual Impairment
To deliver business performance and quality targets for the care home, provide support and leadership to the care home staff, engendering a culture of customer focus and quality of service whilst establishing and maintaining relationships with key internal stakeholders.
- To provide leadership to manage the day to day running of the home.
- MUST be a Nurse Manager
- To operate the group's person centred supervisions, training and coaching programmes.
- To develop and implement an annual plan under the direction of the Operations Managers of the group.
- To provide the operations managers/directors with information and undertake quality audits of the service under the direction of the operations managers as and when required.
- To be part of the on call system that covers the home during evening and weekends.
- Ensure the home is appropriately staffed at all times. Produce bi monthly staffing rotas for all staff at the home.
- Arrange and assess trial visits while ensuring that arrangements for the introduction and reception of new people are made.
- Ensure that each new person receives a written copy of the terms and conditions of residence and to ensure that each person or their representative understands them.
- Investigate complaints, take appropriate action and report to the operations managers/directors.
- To liaise with the Care Quality Commission (CQC) and offer whatever assistance is required.
Who we're looking for:
- This position requires a very strong manager with relevant experience
- Qualified RGN or RMN with relevant Dementia Care experience and training
- Minimum 4 years experience at Home Management level in a relevant care setting within the past 5 years.
- Extensive knowledge in CQC and local authorities requirements and dealing with safe guarding issues.
- Experience leading a team and be responsible for ensuring that there is a high standard of quality care provided for all service users.
- Experience of marketing a home to ensure maximum occupancy
- Experience of recruiting staff at a local level
- Strong communication & negotiating skills
What's on offer?
- Medical/life cover
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Workplace pension scheme
- Competitive rates of pay
- Training and development
- Child care vouchers
If this Nursing Home Manager role is of interest please apply online, or call for more information- 02082547506, quote J1532