Head of International Controls & Tax
The Manchester offices of Robert Half Executive Search are working on a retained assignment with one of the UK & Europe's fastest growing organisations in their search for a new Head of International Financial Controls as they expand their Asia & America's operations.
The Head of International Financial Controls & Tax is a hybrid role which will enjoy cross functional and cross divisional engagement within the business
In this key role you will build and develop the relationship between the Divisional Finance Team and the operational Business Unit, supporting the Business Unit board in making the best case decisions financially which achieve the high touch operational results.
Area's of focus and creation will include:
- Ensure all legal and statutory submissions are accurate and made on time, eg VAT/GST, Social Taxes, Statutory insurances etc
- Assist the CFO in respect of ad hoc reporting and analysis
- Demonstrated knowledge of business processes and internal controls, and understanding of impact on financial reporting.
- Prior Sarbanes-Oxley act or risk experience would be beneficial.
- Strong interpersonal skills that can be leveraged to enlist full support and cooperation from all areas and levels of the business.
- Total of 5+ years of business experience with 2-3 years' experience related to internal controls and business processes in capacities such as internal audit or public accounting with internal control focus or broad controls responsibilities within a controller's function.
- Support the CFO in the development and execution of the business' taxation strategy including Transfer Pricing, monitoring of staff overseas travelling from a taxation viewpoint.
- Devise a treasury policy to; manage currency requirements of the overseas subsidiaries; ensure the Group gets the maximum return for its assets; minimises risks around FX and its cash assets.
As an expert in your field, you will comfortably deliver core finance processes to the division to underpin all forecasting, budgeting and planning activity.
By the nature of my clients business, they are an extremely fast paced organisation, and therefore the successful professionally qualified accountant, will need to have a proven track record in working in a business where adhoc is the norm!
The scope to this role is only limited by the scope of the person. You will be given 100% autonomy in your role, and the seniority of your position will enable you to grow out the position as you deem.
Salary & Benefits
My client is St. Helens based and looking at a the salary banding has been set at £67,500 to £70,000 + Bens
Robert Half Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Robert Half is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.