Java Software Developer
Calibrand (calibrand.com) seeks to recruit one or more Java Software Developers to support its business growth opportunities for a busy and vibrant organisation.
A competitive salary depending on competence and capability with a clear and agreed path to increases and rewards based on performance and achievement; plus pension, private medical healthcare and other benefits.
Hours of work are 37.5 per week, Monday - Friday (usually 9.00 am - 5.30pm) but due to the demands of the business flexibility with working hours will be required at very short notice, and the company does operate a flexi time system. Base will be in company offices in Derby but travel when necessary in the role when taking customer visits.
24 days holidays per annum + UK public holidays
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
The job role:
- Opportunity to work on a project from its conception through to delivery, liaising with customers worldwide on exciting new projects
- Customise and enhance existing products
- Undertake R&D into new technologies to provide new or improved functionality and performance
- Assist with customer support, investigation and analysis of issues
- Assist in the creation and preparation of sales demonstration prototypes
- Self-starter capable of working in a professional manner within a team and individually to tight deadlines
- Experience in Java, for a more junior individual experience could be gained as part of a degree course.
- Able to work within Spring framework and in an Agile environment
- Experience with Tomcat and Subversion and Microsoft SQL Server desirable
- Organisation and a keen eye for detail are indispensable in this environment, as are excellent verbal and written communication skills
Applications via email only
Application Closing Date 28th April 2017