To contribute to the effectiveness of the Premier claims operation on its existing Motor account and any new general insurance products by assisting the Claims Controller in maintaining the Key Performance Indicators (kpi’s) set by the Directors and developing initiatives to minimise claims costs. This includes providing technical claims and underwriting support to the Claims Controller by continuously reviewing the quality of the Company’s claims settlement and underwriting activities, and providing assistance with the production of kpi’s to monitor and manage the relationship with the claims management providers (eg Endsleigh).
• Motor gpw: £90m increasing to £100m pa
• No subordinates
• No budget accountability
• Daily working relationships with Premier colleagues and external providers eg claims management company (Endsleigh), service providers (fraud investigation, recovery work) credit hire and legal assistance providers
The jobholder reports directly to the Claims Controller and is expected to quickly acquire the knowledge, skill and experience to work with limited supervision. Position/Person Requirements Qualifications: 'A’level or equivalent education is essential. A relevant professional qualification is preferable (if not, the jobholder will be encouraged to study for an insurance qualification). Solicitor; ILEX; CII. Experience:
The jobholder is expected to have:
• Five years’ experience in an FCA regulated insurance/financial services environment within a legal or claims department. Insurance experience will be beneficial but is not essential (full training will be given) provided the job holder has the necessary base skills to do the job effectively.
• sound technical understanding of personal injury litigation and assessment of quantum, credit hire and credit repair claims
• a good, applied, understanding of databases and MI systems and competence in the use of Microsoft Office (particularly Excel)
• Some project management experience will also be beneficial. The jobholder should be available, as necessary, to work away from the office including overnight stays in order to complete audit functions.
• Enthusiastic team player who can contribute good ideas
• Strong interpersonal skills. Able to quickly establish credibility in managing in-house and external relationships. An understanding of the legal process with specific reference to motor insurance claims.
• Analytical and numerate with good verbal and written skills.
• Able to effectively plan, set priorities and manage workload. Principal Responsibilities Production of claims and underwriting management information reports
• To take responsibility for the production of existing management reports within agreed time scales as specified by the Claims Controller.
• To work with the Claims Controller to develop additional management information reports in order to monitor claims settlement efficiencies.
• To maintain reports monitoring TCF performance and provide a monthly report to the Claims Controller. Audit and business partner relationship management To take an active role in the audits of Premier Claims (Endsleigh) in Burnley (minimum of 2 per annum) and Cheltenham (minimum 1 per annum), production of the subsequent audit reports and monitoring to ensure that agreed actions have been completed.
• To establish and maintain a monthly remote audit of claims files (remote access is currently place).
• To assist the Claims Controller in discussions/audit of capacity provider claims reserving and file management.
• To build business relationships and improve efficiencies and cost\benefits achieved with claims suppliers Complaints
• Under the Direction of the Claims Controller and Underwriting Director (Schemes), manage the Premier complaints procedure within the FCA requirements.
• Monitor complaints received by Premier Claims and recommend process/procedure changes where appropriate.
• Produce for the Operations Director, data on claims complaints for inclusion within the half yearly FCA returns and reports to the Board of Directors. Development projects
• To work with the Claims Controller on projects to minimise claims cost, for example in the assessment of alternative suppliers.
• To work with the Claims Controller on additional business related projects.
• To be a reference point on contracts and legal matters Nature and Scope
The prime purpose of the role is to assist the Claims Controller to control claims cost.