Principal Structural Engineer - Bridges or Tunnels
Job Title: Principal Structural Engineer - Bridges or Tunnels
Location: East Grinstead
Salary: £40K - £50K
Here is an exciting opportunity for a Principal Structural Engineer to join our existing bridges and tunnels team based in East Grinstead. We are seeking candidates with who are Chartered Engineers or are about to become a Chartered Engineer and have experience in the design and construction of heavy civil engineering structures. The successful candidate will lead or support project design teams in the bridges and tunnels structures discipline.
1. Degree in civil engineering.
2. Chartered Engineer through the Institution of Civil Engineers or the Institution of Structural Engineers.
3. Significant post graduate experience of the design of bridges or tunnels in the road and/or rail sector.
4. Detailed experience in two or more of the following: reinforced concrete or prestressed concrete bridges, steel bridges, cut and cover tunnels or immersed tunnels, underground station structures or large earth retaining structures.
5. Experience of the application of structural analysis software such as Lusas.
6. Excellent knowledge the DMRB requirements and/or Network Rail standards.
7. Experience of operating within quality management procedures.
8. Experience of Highways England, local authority or Network rail design and technical approval processes.
9. Full UK driving licence.
1. Experience of working with contractors on design and build projects.
2. Experience of the maintenance of road or rail bridges and structures.
1. Supervising and overseeing the work of project design team members including senior engineers, engineers and graduates.
2. Taking technical ownership of activities that will include the preparation of structural design solutions for major civil engineering works at preliminary, tender, and detailed design stages.
3. Lead and develop teams of Graduates, Engineers and Technicians in preparing design solutions for bridge and tunnel projects at preliminary, tender, and detailed design stages
4. Programme, financial and technical responsibility for design services.
5. First point of contact for customers, contractors and other external organisations.
1. Good team player within a multi-disciplinary environment who enthusiastically takes ownership of tasks, taking them through to successful completion.
2. Ability to work on own initiative and under pressure when necessary.
3. Excellent communicator, both orally and in writing.
4. Ability to convey information accurately with attention to detail.
5. Keen to learn and develop new and existing skills.
6. Keen to progress career and take increased responsibilities.
7. Willingness to support graduate structural engineers in developing their own technical skills.
8. Ability to deal with clients in a friendly, efficient and effective way.
What do you do now?
If you wish to discuss this vacancy further, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.