Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Job title: Senior Geotechnical Engineer
Salary/Rate: £33K - £37K
Job Purpose Summary
To act as a Project Manager in the design and execution of ground investigations, consultancy, contaminated land remediation, and other activities of the company, together with dealing with client enquiries and supervising junior staff.
Key Responsibilities and Accountabilities
1. Organise desk study as required and report findings to client and / or agent.
2. Organise field work, including drilling, pitting and sampling and attend site to supervise and record details of such work.
3. Schedule laboratory testing of samples recovered from site.
4. Review desk study, field work and laboratory testing and prepare preliminary report to client within agreed timescale.
5. Review desk study information and field work and laboratory testing and prepare final ground investigation report within agreed timescale.
6. Prepare remediation proposals.
7. Attend site to brief subcontractors with respect to contamination and supervise and monitor remediation of contaminated land.
8. Prepare and issue completion report.
9. Manage project orders and subcontractors and liaise with colleagues as necessary to ensure that projects are completed within agreed timescales and budgets.
Additional Responsibilities of Senior Engineer
1. Supervise and assist junior staff when required.
2. Liaise with third parties such as EHO, EA and NHBC and attend meetings as required.
Qualifications and Experience
1. Bachelor degree in relevant discipline.
2. Experience combining fieldwork and office or lab work in association with relevant degree
3. Chartered engineer or chartered geologist.
4. Range of good management skills, for example to direct field crew in conducting tests or drilling boreholes, to supervise and assist junior engineers with managing projects and meeting deadlines.
5. Excellent verbal and written skills to explain reasoning behind interpretation of data.
1. Work requires travel to meetings, site visits, and meetings. This requires the possession of a valid driving licence and own car.
2. Work requires willingness to work a flexible schedule.
What do you do now?
For more information on this role, please contact David So on or send your CV to - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.