Change Recruitment Group have a fantastic opportunity for a Retail Management Accountant for our client who is a well known Global Organisation to be based in their Falkirk Office. This is a new vacancy and the role would be suitable for a driven, meticulous and passionate Retail Accountant who is ideally part-qualified, or QBE.
Overall purpose of the role:
To provide support to the Retail Department and Retail Finance Manager on all aspects of financial management and provide challenge on performance and strategic issues. Ensuring that the teams supported have certainty on the approved Financial Framework and through analysis, financial modelling, and constructive challenge enable them to deliver within it.
Key responsibilities include:
- Ensure there is clear financial and management reporting including management accounts prep to aid decision making and drive performance
- Meaningful analysis and insight as well as reporting financial performance
- Challenge assumptions on financial issues where appropriate. Particularly ensuring the Forecast for the year is accurate reflecting the YTD performance.
- Responsible for identifying any risks associate with financial systems, to propose controls or actions to mitigate such risks, and to monitor such controls.
- Maintain monthly accruals, prepayments and stock calculation
- Contribute to the production of the budgets and reforecast
- The detail of the annual plan and budget supports the outline plan, objectives and prioritisation of the 3 year planning and budgeting process
Key skills required:
- Significant experience at a Senior Level working with complex finance function operating outside the confines of the finance function as a Business Partner
- Sound knowledge of accounting standards and practices
- Ability to plan and manage substantial projects and activities
- Experience of designing and implementing complex costing and analysis models
- Supporting the budgeting process in a large organisation
- Production of in-depth analysis and reports
- Investment appraisal skills
- Effective communication skills
- Working strategically and collaboratively
- Solutions focussed
- Knowledge of retail gift aid is desirable