Staff Nurse - £29,000 - £32,000 - Winchester
The post involves working as a member of a multi-disciplinary team providing care and support for children and young people from 0-30 years, with life limiting conditions, and their families, in a home from home environment. The post holder will be expected to work without direct supervision and actively participate in individual care throughout the 24-hour period on a rotational basis.
- To provide a high standard of care for sick children and young adults and members of their families.
- To work as a member of the multi-disciplinary Care Team providing care, advice and support in line with professional accountability
- To provide supervision and support to other members of the Care Team,
- Valuing the skills and qualities of all Team members, sharing expertise and learning new skills freely and willingly.
- To be aware of the safety needs of children, young adults and families
- Work flexibly alongside families in the direct care of their children; whilst maintaining 'best practice', allowing the family to choose the level of involvement with the Care Team.
- Work flexibly with young people to provide care and support in line with their preferences and wishes
- Maintain an up to date knowledge and awareness of issues around the safeguarding of children and young adults, ensuring that appropriate steps are facilitated through effective communication across multidisciplinary agencies.
- Maintain agreed governance processes through incident reporting and risk assessment.
- Undertake the role of Shift Co-ordinator and, working with other Team members, organise the care and activities for a shift. Communicate with staff from other departments as needed.
- Participate equally with other Care Team members in general household duties as required to facilitate the smooth running of Naomi House and jacksplace.
- Are a registered nurse RGN or RMN with a valid NMC pin
- Have previous experience in working with elderly patients and dementia
- Be able to complete and pass a DBS check
- Have excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Have thorough knowledge of the CQC standards
- An opportunity for senior or experienced nurses to progress