Senior Maintenance Assistant
Senior Maintenance Assistant
Basic Salary: £20,400.00
Hours of Work: 8am-4pm Monday to Friday
Hunter’s client provides support to vulnerable people. Our client is looking for a Senior Maintenance Assistant to assume overall daily responsibility for the upkeep of the building, company vehicle and surrounding grounds. The successful candidate will ensure a high standard of maintenance is achieved and support the Maintenance Supervisor in all areas ensuring that all aspects of health and safety and Operational Policy are adhered to.
The successful senior Maintenance Assistant will offerproven skills and/or qualifications in building/building maintenance or associated trades.
English, Maths and IT skills to a good standard.
Driving licence - full/clean - you will require your own transport for travel to premises.
The Senior Maintenance Assistant will be required to take out an Enhanced DBS due to the working environment. Our client has a preference for this appointment to be Temporary to Permanent, but Permanent is also possible.
Personal attributes/skills needed for role:
Recent experience in maintenance role
Ability to carry out manual work
Knowledge of Grounds maintenance/gardening
Ability to problem solve and work under pressure
Attention to detail
Ability to work without supervision or as part of a team
Excellent communication skills at all levels
Flexible approach to work
To be able to take part in a regional on-call rota
Experience in working in a hospital environment
Experience in maintaining and evidencing PPM records
Experience in reactive maintenance
To possess a qualification in a trade or skill [ie painting, decorating, electrical etc]
Main duties and responsibilities:
- To provide a daily routine maintenance service.
- To report any concerns relating to maintenance incident or observations.
- To undertake specialist plumbing, electrical, redecoration maintenance, appropriate to the level of experience, policy and lawful practices and to engage external contractors where appropriate.
- To supervise all external contractors and to ensure that they all receive adequate induction in security, have completed all necessary safety questionnaires in line with general company policy and have provided their own risk assessments.
- To work with the Health and Safety Co-ordinator to maintain and review a fire risk assessment and accompanying action plan.
- To participate in a rotational on call system for the purposes of out of hours emergency maintenance.
- To carry out risk assessment in terms of maintenance practice and equipment and to maintain an accurate and accessible risk assessment log.
- To ensure that all maintenance services contracts are maintained and accurate records kept.
- To provide accurate maintenance related documentation for inspections.
- To develop and maintain an on-call instruction manual.
- To carry out driver escort responsibilities as requested.