Business Development Support
About the Company
The National Skills Academy for Food & Drink (NSAFD) is the food & manufacturing industry’s skills body. Working with 9 out of the top 10 UK Food Manufacturing companies it sets the standard for quality in skills delivery. We have helped create some of the most exciting and innovative new apprenticeship standards, work closely with our Business Members and Industry Approved Providers to give consultative support on skills and training delivery & strategy and continue to deliver the best online food safety offering on the market today. In our 10th year we are now looking to recruit an experienced telemarketer to work closely with the Head of Business Development to generate leads and set appointments.
About the Role
Working as Business Development Support you will be the starting point for new relationships with new businesses and the critical link in keeping communication going with previously engaged contacts. You will need excellent communication skills to build rapport with new and existing contacts, use effective questioning to challenge objections and uncover opportunities to assist our customers. We have a mixed customer base of Food & Drink Manufacturing organisations and Training Providers so you will need to be able to communicate at a variety of levels and must develop an excellent understanding of the NSAFD offer to both groups. You will do this through a combination of telephone and email conversations and will use our internal CRM system as well as a variety of other sources to identify new customers and generate quality appointments for the Head of Business Development. As well as appointment setting you will be required to support other areas of the business, as required, in building targeted campaigns and generating interest and attendance for industry events. The role will likely be a combination of office and home based, but will require you to travel regularly to Cheshire in your first month for training.
You must have a minimum of 12 months telesales/telemarketing experience and a proven track record for lead generation and appointment setting. You will need to be self-driven and self-motivated with a proactive and resilient attitude. You must be willing and able to work under your own supervision and may spend most of your week working remotely. However, you will be required to work with and support every department within the NSAFD, under the direction of the Head of Business Development, which will give you the broadest view of the business and leave you as a key hub in communications across departments.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- To use selling techniques and product knowledge to secure quality appointments
- Pro-actively seek new appointment opportunities
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the NSAFD offer to providers and businesses
- Develop and manage a customer pipeline using an internal CRM
- Build and maintain outstanding relationships with both internal and external customers
- Generate sufficient number of appointments to enable the business to meet its sales targets
- Deliver outstanding levels of customer service in line with the company vision
- Gather and record all customer information accurately.
Required Skills/ Experience
- Telesales or Telemarketing experience is essential for this role
- Proven track record in quality appointment setting
- Good relationship builder
- Must be resilient, with good work ethic and attitude
- Be an excellent team player but must have the ability to work on your own
- Be competitive and results orientated to meet your qualified appointment target
- Possess basic IT skills and have experience using CRM system
- Excellent salary between £17,000-21,000
- 25 days annual leave plus statutory "bank" holidays
- Company Pension Scheme
- Opportunity to work from home
To apply please send CV and covering email quoting reference: Business Development Support