Role: Assistant Accountant
Scope: Progression to Management Accountant incl. training and study support
Location: NW Leicestershire
Salary: £20-24k plus excellent benefits
Full time / Permanent
This is an exciting opportunity to join a progressive global company and support the Financial Controller with all key areas of the finance function i.e. Inventory control and business KPI variance analysis whilst ensuring compliance and integrity of financial data. The role would suit someone that already has minimum 1-2 years experience working as an accounts assistant and currently studying for an accounting qualification i.e. AAT level 3-4, CIMA or ACCA
Responsibilities of Trainee Management Accountant
• Accounts Payable - 3 way match AP invoices, process payment runs, query resolution, month end close & other related tasks.
• Accounts Receivable - Creation of sales invoices, cash allocation, debtors reporting, query resolution, month end close & other related tasks.
• Payroll - Time management system administration to generate hours for weekly payroll.
• Payroll - Processing
• Overtime & Wages Analysis
• Bank Reconciliation - Multiple currencies, month end close.
• Inventory processing & reconciliations of raw material, WIP & finished goods.
• Standard cost reviews
• Ensuring spending is kept in line with the budget (monitoring)
• Ensuring compliance with SOX (including Blackline monthly preparation of balance sheet reconciliations & tasks)
• Assist other roles within the Finance department where necessary
Technical Skills required
• Part Qualified AAT / Newly Qualified AAT
• Finance experience - ideally in Manufacturing or FMCG
• Good level of excel skills, Outlook & Word
• High attention to detail
• Computer literate
• Knowledge of SOX / internal controls- extremely beneficial but not essential
• Experience of working to tight reporting deadlines
• Excellent communication skills essential, ability to give clear written and verbal instructions, clearly understand and explain technical and commercial issues to customers and have a good understanding of procedures and processes.
• Highly responsible, reliable and flexible with a strong work ethic.
• Able to effectively prioritise and adapt to a varied and changeable workload
• Punctual, presentable with good attendance