Head Legal Cashier
FPSG are recruiting for our established and reputable client based in central Edinburgh for a Head Legal Cashier to join their expanding team.
The purpose of the role is to provide managerial support to the Cashroom team whilst ensuring that all legislation is adhered too and all tasks completed effectively and efficiently.
As a Head Cashier your responsibilities will include:
- Manage a small team of staff, carrying out weekly and annual appraisals ensuring any training requirements are met
- Continuously review working methods and implement improved processes where appropriate
- To ensure that the firm complies with the Law Society of Scotland and the Solicitors Regulation Authority Accounts Rules
- Liaise and manage the firms auditors on Law Society Accounts Rules compliance issues and any Law Society Inspection which may occur
- Ensuring the all client transactions are processed accurately, to include bank reconciliations and review of client balances
- To monitor and be responsible for the accurate logging of breaches of the Law Society of Scotland and the Solicitors Regulation Authority Accounts Rules and ensuring that these are logged and reported
- To be responsible for completing the month end and year-end financial reporting
- Liaise with company bankers to include updating authorised signatories, opening and closing accounts etc
- Manage and use corporate internet banking
- Assist with any other Ad Hoc Cashroom queries and requests
As a successful Head Cashier, you will possess:
- Previous experience working in a Law Firm
- Working knowledge of the Law Society of Scotland/SRA rules
- Previous experience managing a small team
- The ability to work under pressure in a fast paced environment
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- Confident, flexible and adaptable to change
- IT Literate and proficient in MS packages, Excel and Word
- Excellent Interpersonal skills
Please note: The successful candidate will be subject to a Credit Check prior to appointment.
In return our client offers a highly competitive salary up to £30,000 plus EXCELLENT benefits.
For further information, please apply or call Jason at FPSG.
Follow Jason on Twitter - @JC_FPSG for updates on all roles within the Office Support division.
FPSG is committed to equal opportunities regardless of gender, race, disability, sexual orientation, religion or belief and age.