Gas Network Designer
2C recruitment are looking for a Gas Design Engineer to join our client in Central Scotland, to work on the increasing number of design projects in the new housing and commercial market sectors across Scotland.
As Gas Design Engineer, you will be responsible for providing technical leadership and design approval on a range of gas infrastructure projects including domestic, commercial, residential and multiple-occupancy properties.
- Approve all gas infrastructure designs for industrial and domestic projects
- Provide design approval for area of expertise, ensure that designs comply with current gas standards, regulation and legislation
- Provide detailed technical support to Designers within gas design, ensuring designs achieve quality, safety and cost targets
- Develop, monitor and maintain a standardised approach to Gas design
- Provide regular technical updates to the Design team, ensuring a consistent approach to design
- Undertake post-project reviews, identifying opportunities to improve
- Level 4 Qualification in Gas Design
- Significant, demonstrable experience on a range of gas network design projects across industrial and domestic constructions
- Detailed knowledge of GIRS standards and guidance
- Experience with IGEM / SR25
- Experience of using a range of IT systems Microsoft Office suite
- Good knowledge of CAD software and current drawing conventions
- Working knowledge of GASWORKS and SNAP software
- Knowledge of utility market, including DNO / IDNO arrangements and policies
- Experience of project contracts, costing and post project analysis
In return, you will receive a market leading package of £35-40k plus car and excellent benefits. To find out more please submit your CV and contact details
2C recruitment Ltd is committed to a policy of Equal Opportunity and Diversity for all work seekers and we shall adhere to such a policy at all times and will review on an ongoing basis all aspects of recruitment to avoid unlawful or undesirable discrimination. No terminology in any advertisement is intended to discriminate on the grounds of age, gender, race, colour, religion, disability or sexual orientation, and we will gladly accept applications from all sections of the community.