RGN Day Ward
RGN Day Ward - 30 hours per week
Salary: Salary: £24,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits
Hours: 30 hours per week, Day Ward
Contract Type: Permanent
We are currently looking for a highly motivated, enthusiastic and experienced RGN to join a friendly and down to earth perioperative team at a reputable healthcare company in Hampshire. The centre is bright warm and welcoming with a reputation for providing high quality patient care. They provide a variety of different services including and knee replacement, hernias, gall bladder surgery and cataracts. The specialities that they cover are endoscopy, general surgery, gynaecology, ophthalmology, oral surgery, orthopaedics, pain management, urology and ear, nose and throat the emphasis is on putting people first, whether that be delivering exceptional care and support for our clients, or providing growth and development opportunities for our teams.
- To be responsible for the admission of any new patient to the centre including establishment of a good mutual relationship completing all relevant documentation - identify and introduce named nurse/key worker.
- To liaise with members of the medical and associated professions and ensure that prescribed or recommended treatment is carried out.
- Help to pro-actively monitor levels of patient care and plan new interventions to maintain optimal patient care.
- To undertake any specific duties as delegated by the Unit Manager/ Team leader on an ad hoc basis.
- Escalate any deterioration in patient condition to the appropriate clinician for review.
- To maintain a nurse-led discharge service for all patients having elective day surgery.
Skills & Experience:
- Degree educated
- Qualification in relevant specialty
- At least 2 years post basic experience
- Up to date sound clinical surgical knowledge.
- NMC Registered Adult Nurse Desirable Qualifications
- Awareness of legislative requirements with regard to H & S
- ALS certificate
Key employee benefits:
- Excellent Induction Plan
- Competitive salary depending on experience
- Stakeholder pension
- Life assurance scheme
- Extensive induction
- Ongoing training and development
- Child care vouchers
- Career progression
- Free uniform
- Paid DBS
- Generous annual leave entitlement
- Pay enhancements for bank holidays
- Discounts for various shops and companies
For more information and or to apply please call Rob Legg on and or email
This location is commutable from: Southampton, Portsmouth, Eastleigh Fareham, Whitely, Hampshire