Bridge Engineer Senior Bridge Engineer
Job Title: Bridge Engineer | Senior Bridge Engineer
Salary: £26K - £38K
We have a number of fantastic opportunities within our bridge structures team and looking for individuals to continue to develop both themselves and the company.
Our Bridges team focuses on:
- Bridge inspection and assessment
- Bridge design and checking, for projects in the UK and overseas
- Bridge management
- Bridge strengthening and repair
- General civil and structural engineering support to other teams
You will be involved in the project management and technical delivery of schemes from inception through to handover of the completed scheme to the client. Your role will include:
1. Preparation, supervision and checking of:
2. documents, reports and health and safety risk assessments
3. structural assessment calculations and reports
4. scheme feasibility studies
5. scheme designs and drawings
6. outline cost estimates
7. Interfacing with multi-disciplinary project teams
8. Ensuring that quality procedures are implemented and maintained
9. Project, programme and financial management
10. Supporting the day-to-day running of a team and the development/mentoring of staff to effectively deliver projects
11. Bid preparation and support
12. Client liaison and reporting
13. Our positions are predominantly office based but some travel may be required occasionally for site visits, inspections, or to attend meetings.
It is anticipated that you will be a Chartered Civil or Structural Engineer with some post professional qualification experience. The requirements of the positions include the following:
1. Good communication, client handling and interpersonal skills.
2. Experience of leading graduate engineers/technicians.
3. Practical knowledge and experience of bridge design, maintenance and assessment, gained from working on both construction sites and the design office;
4. Practical knowledge and experience of project management of bridge projects;
5. Working knowledge of the Design Manual for Roads and Bridges (DMRB) and Manual of Contract Documents for Highway Works (MCDHW) in relation to structural schemes;
6. Working knowledge of Network Rail assessment codes.
7. Understanding and experience of use of Eurocodes and their application to bridge design;
8. Experience of design or assessment of steel, reinforced and prestressed concrete bridge structures;
9. Experience of grillage, space frame and finite element analysis software packages LUSAS and Superstress
10. A full clean driving licence
What do you do now?
For more information on this role, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.