Accounts Assistant/Legal Cashier
Accounts Assistant/ Legal Cashier - Preston, Lancashire
Reporting to the Finance Manager, my client is seeking an experienced Legal Cashier/ Accounts Assistant.
Main Purpose of Job
To assist the financial controller and accounts team with the daily operation of the accounts department. This role is crucial to ensuring the accounts department functions effectively and is complies with the accounts rules.
Daily Tasks - To assist with the day to day running of the Accounts department.
• To Log incoming funds when and as they come in.
• Billing and client-to-office transfers on a timely basis
• Supporting the legal cashiers by getting involved with ad-hoc tasks & projects
• Dealing with inbound and outbound departmental post.
• Taking card payments
• Cancelling and stopping cheque’s at the bank.
• Daily cheque printing
• Daily banking
• Sending TT & Faster payments
• Completion of files on a daily basis
You will be required to work 40 hours per week between the hours of 9.00am to 5.30pm Monday to Friday.
Knowledge / Qualifications
• Educated to GCSE-Level standard (minimum Grade C in English Language)
• Able to use Excel, Outlook and other MS Office applications fluently
• Working towards AAT or equivalent accounting qualification, e.g.
•Use of Proclaim Accounts
• Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
• Strong interpersonal skills
• IT / MS office skills (Word/Excel)
• Ability to manage own time and meet targets
• Effective time management
• Problem solving
• Experience of case management systems
• Previous experience in an accounts environment
• 1+ years experience being a part of a legal accounts team
• Able to write & use XL formulae to manipulate spreadsheets and cope with large volumes of data
If you have the required skills and are interested, please forward a copy of your cv
If you haven't heard from us within 1 week, please assume your application has been unsuccessful.