Installation Engineer - £18k to £23k - Permanent
Installation Engineer - Aylesbury - Field Based
£18K - £23K + Vehicle + Phone
Due to company expansion, our client is currently looking for a flexible and enthusiastic individual to join a growing team of installation engineers. Specialising in providing software solutions to the education industry, this would be a fantastic opportunity if you have previously been in a technical support role and are looking for a company that will offer personal development and opportunities to progress your career.
Although not essential, experience working in a support position in a school or university will be looked on favourably. However, what is really essential is a desire to contribute to the company’s steep growth curve by providing outstanding customer service coupled with a broad range of IT knowledge to install and train clients on their new software.
Due to the capabilities this software has to streamline processes in schools, do away with timely scanning processes, allow instantaneous sharing of information amongst staff and improve overall safety during fire evacuations, this software is in huge demand and there has never been a better time to get on board.
On a day to day basis, you will be responsible for:
- On-site installation of the products. This will include the physical fixing of the system as well as configuring the software and integration of the unit into the customer’s existing network.
- Spending time on the support desks dealing with customers issues via telephone, e-mail and remote support tools.
- Training new customers on how to use the products.
- Assist in the testing of new software releases.
- Preparing job packs ready for installation and imaging new systems.
- Provide in house support for other employees as required.
You will ideally have the following skills / experience:
- A good technical understanding of Windows desktop and server operating systems
- A technical understanding of common networking technologies such as Cat5, Switches, hubs, power injectors etc.
- Previous experience of working in a ICT support related environment
- Confident in the use of power/hand tools to allow the physical installation/fixing of products (training will be provided to this end).
- Confident in dealing and speaking with customers in a polite, courteous and professional manner.
- Ability to confidently deliver training sessions to small groups of customers.
- A willingness to travel significant distances with overnight stays is also required.
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is with regret that we are unable to respond personally to each individual application due to the high volume of CVs we receive on a daily basis. However, your CV and application for this role will be reviewed by one of our qualified consultants within the next 48 hours. If you do not hear from us within this time period, you have unfortunately been unsuccessful on this occasion.
We hope you will apply for future roles that we advertise regularly on this website. However, to keep up to date with all our recruitment activity, please follow us on Twitter, like us on Facebook and check out our vacancy page on our website.