Revenue Accountant - PR Company
Accounting functions of the UK and Middle East businesses. Working closely with the Finance Team in Munich, a key priority of this role will be to develop and evolve project controlling and information flow to management.
The business work with companies, institutions and individuals to advise on communications affecting decisions, valuation, change and reputation.
Our work covers the spectrum of corporate and financial communications, public affairs, crisis and issues support and change management, underpinned by a strong understanding of the rapidly evolving digital media environment.
We hold leading positions in M&A and IPO advisory but our client relationships are for the long-term, providing trusted advice across all stakeholder groups and markets.
Our creative solutions are built on real insights, derived from years of experience helping our clients construct and communicate a narrative that delivers tangible results and competitive advantage. Our experience speaks for itself.
Revenue & Project Accounting
- Responsibility over revenue recognition. Ensuring revenue reported on P&L is accurate and based on project completion stages and / or client contracts
- Revenue forecast -ensure projected revenue is accurate and regularly updated by Project Leaders.
- Monthly meetings with Project Leaders to review project fees, costs and other financials. Produce and advise on project profitability and margin. Pre-empt and flag up any concerns to project leaders and / or FC.
- Attend revenue meetings to finalise revenue for the month and prepare accurate forecasting.
- Manage, maintain and minimise Accrued Revenue and WIP via follow up with Project Leaders and / or Clients.
- Manage and maintain client contracts. Ensure all jobs have relevant contracts in place and advise Management when contracts are up for renewal and / or new projects are covered by the terms of contract.
Billings and Client Management
- Responsibility over project billings. Ensure fees are billed on a timely basis and as per project completion stage and / or client contract.
- WIP and Debtor management - Responsible for reconciling and ensuring all costs are billed out on a timely basis. Monthly meetings with Financial Controller to review WIP and debtors.
- Preparing Project activity reports and liaising with Project Leaders to obtain Billing sign off.
- Managing Job / client creations. Reviewing and closing completed jobs.
- Ensuring company is complying with both internal and external audit requirements with regards to Job management.
Month End Reporting
- Month End/ Management Account Preparation - Monthly closing and analysis of revenue.
- Calculate and prepare journals including Accrued / Deferred Revenue.
- Assisting in closing month end reporting per Group guidelines and to meet Group deadlines.
- Ensuring all project accounting and revenue is up to date and supporting the Munich Finance team on the consolidation.
- Assisting Financial Controller on preparing relevant month end information for CFO and Management.
Budgeting and Forecasting
- Preparing annual budgets and quarterly forecasts for Management and wider Group.
- Preparing Bi-weekly revenue updates, analysing confirmed revenue versus targets or forecast.
- Assisting with and eventually coordinating the tracking of the new business pipeline, including analysing likelihood, potential value and timing. Ensuring this information is accurate and up to date to support Management decision making and staff allocation.
ACCA or CIMA Studier
Experience with SAP, Microsoft Navision and / or Dynamics (Preferable)
Experience with Hyperion (Preferable)
Strong Excel skills
Excellent written and verbal communications
* Company pension 5%
* Discretionary bonus depending on company performance. Average pay-out last year was 5 - 10%
* Private healthcare
* Life insurance
* Season ticket loan
* Fully equipped Gym