Mechanical / Electrical Maintenance Engineer
Key Skills; Engineering, Maintenance, Electrical, Manufacturing
Hourly Rate; 30,000 plus benefits
Hours of work 4 x 12 hours on (days) 2 days off 4 x 12 hours (days)
Our Client is seeking to recruit a Maintenance Engineer to join a leading polythene manufacturer who is continually growing. The main purpose of the role will be to use both mechanical and electrical engineering skills & knowledge along with working within HSE regulations to carry out planned preventative maintenance (PPM), reactive maintenance and extra work/ projects as required in order to ensure optimum performance of the manufacturing plant and equipment at least cost to give least breakdowns time. Machinery included extrusion machinery and flexographic printing presses.
Key Responsibilities -
• Carry out PPM in accordance with set schedules to ensure all equipment and facilities are properly maintained to give maximum productivity.
• To respond in a prompt and effective manner to all reactive maintenance issues including call-puts and cover breakdowns.
• All work carried out in accordance with legal requirements e.g. Health & Safety at Work act & to actively promote a safety culture.
• Maintain accurate records of all works carried out & ensure that KPI's are developed, implemented, monitored and achieved to meet the needs of the business/audit requirements.
• Ensure all Plant and Equipment is maintained to be safe and fit for purpose and meet legal requirements.
• Machinery must be maintained efficiently with minimum downtime, meets all legal requirements and is able to achieve maximum production output.
• Maintain the engineering spares and workshop in a tidy and efficient manner ensuring spares stocks are available, current and usable for the installed machinery.
• Co-ordinate visiting associated with the mechanical and/or electrical aspects of the PPM schedules sub-contractors.
Ideal Candidate -
• Apprentice trained and achieved recognised qualification at technician level or above.
• 3 years' experience delivering engineering support in a business within a manufacturing industry.
• Self-motivated and highly resilient - able to prioritise and work effectively under pressure
• Excellent diagnostic and remedial skills.
• Excellent safe working practices.