This is a great opportunity for an experienced Maintenance Engineer to work within a food manufacturing success story! With significant capital investment which is set to continue, this flagship UK site is looking to enhance its Engineering teams and develop specialists. As an on-site Shift Engineer, you will provide a pro-active approach to the prevention of equipment failure and ensuring preventative maintenance is carried out as planned, Ensuring quality, waste and efficiency targets are met by working as an integral part of the manufacturing team whilst following all health & safety procedures at all times.
We are looking for ar Shift or Maintenance Engineer with a strong understanding of electrical maintenance along with Mechanical expertise however, with the right working attitude we will consider Engineers who have strengths in either area or both. As a business, my client is keen to develop their teams through further training. You will be expected to carry out assignments issued by the Lead engineer and maximize effectiveness of the shift at all times by ensuring efficient completion of tasks.
The Maintenance Engineer's key tasks will include:
- Provide support to the team during breaks and absences and work together to ensure completion of their duties.
- Follow all work instructions, procedures, job descriptions at all times.
- Ensure that all Work Orders, PM’s issued to the shift are completed.
- Work with other functions as part of the manufacturing team to ensure efficient running of the equipment and carry out prioritized work as agreed.
- Carry out the assigned activities to meet operational targets; working with other functions to ensure mutual objectives are met.
- Compliance with Company policies, procedures and regulations (e.g. attendance, quality, safety, GMP’s, etc.) and ensure these are followed to maintain the required standards (e.g. Food Safety, PPE etc.).
- Resolve mechanical and/or electrical problems in a timely fashion.
- Order spare parts as required on shift if unavailable from stock and contact contractors/suppliers as required in order to resolve problems on shift.
- Where necessary, must initiate the purchase of parts or equipment completing the relevant order requisition forms with relevant information
- Provide the Lead Engineer with information on all engineering downtime attended on shift, related quality issue, work orders completed, PM’s completed and other details as required.
- Identify and analyse problems before crises and determine appropriate action and follow-up.
- Ensure remedial works to equipment raised by work order or PM’s are highlighted to the Lead engineer.
We are looking for Maintenance Engineers, Shift Engineers or Service Engineers who want to work in a professional and market leading business and it would be advantageous if you have any previous food processing experience however this is not essential. If you have any experience of working in an automated production environment please don’t hesitate to apply. Ideally we are looking for Engineers with Electrical and/or Mechanical qualifications or a time served apprenticeship. If you have any additional skills in PLC’s, pneumatics, hydraulics, temperature control, instrumentation, welding and also hold FLT license we are very keen to hear from you!
Gleeson Engineering & Manufacturing is a specialist recruiter of leadership roles and technical specialists on both a permanent and temporary basis, into a number of industries including automotive, aerospace, general manufacturing and FMCG. Please visit our website for further information about our services and to view all of our roles.