Senior Pharmacy Technician
Senior Pharmacy Technician
Salary: Up to £27,500 per annum
Hours: Full time
Job Type: Permanent
Reports to: Clinical Lead and Chief Pharmacist
The post holder will be required to work as an active member of the healthcare team to ensure delivery of a legal, safe, high quality specialist prison pharmaceutical service, including Substance Misuse which reflects National and Local Policy and Priorities, taking into account the high level of security that must be maintained at all times.
The post holder will
- Provide day to day support to and co-ordination of other staff working within the company in relation to medicines usage and pathways.
- Undertake regular, quarterly, checks of all aspects of Controlled Drug usage. Instigate initial investigation into any discrepancies identified, including procedural issues and escalate issues and outcomes to the Head of Healthcare and Chief Pharmacist.
- Contribute towards training of other staff with regards to legal aspects of ordering, supply and destruction of medication, including Controlled Drugs.
- Oversee the pharmacy team in delivering the technical aspects of the pharmacy services, ensuring that the commissioned service is delivered.
- To ensure a full audit trail of medicines is maintained at all times.
- Ensure the timely ordering of stock medication from wholesalers, and including controlled drugs and ensuring full stock control systems are in place.
- Contribute to the development of and support implementation of medicine management strategy and associated services and projects
- Assist the Healthcare Team with the delivery and implementation of the medicines administration procedures.
- Work closely with the visiting pharmacist, ensuring that they are delivering the commissioned professional service.
- Carry out Medicines Use Reviews with residents, supporting residents in accessing advice from a pharmacist when necessary or requested.
- Receive professional supervision from the Chief Pharmacist as necessary.
Duties and responsibilities:
- To participate in the efficient day to day running of Healthcare- and in particular the Medicines Administration Point (pharmacy room) and assist senior managers, when required, in overseeing the management of pharmacy services.
- To identify, investigate and provide feedback and training on any procedural issues, in particular in relation to Controlled Drug usage
- To maintain an up to date knowledge and be fully conversant of developments in local/national pharmacy procedures and to undertake regular review and development of these to support medicines management, e.g. Standard Operating Procedures.
- NVQ level 3 in Pharmacy Service Skills
- Registered with GPhC
- Minimum 2 years' experience as a registered pharmacy technician
- Experience of working within a team
- Experience of working within a healthcare environment
- Able to demonstrate a good standard of literacy and numeracy
- Able to provide examples of diversity in practice
- Able to work within challenging and complex situations
- Experience of working with potentially
- Passport for clearance
- Experience of working within a secure environment
- Evidence of working within a 'value for money' service
- Driving License.