Senior Principal Highways Engineer
Job Title: Senior | Principal Highways Engineer
Salary: £38K - £48K
The successful candidate will form part of an existing team to deliver a number of highway and transportation schemes for a number of public sector clients both in the UK and overseas.
The successful candidate will develop and deliver projects through various stages of design from feasibility to planning/detailed design and onto construction.
The candidate will be required to prepare designs and specifications under the supervision of experienced senior staff.
1. Preparation of designs in accordance with DMRB
2. Development of designs using AutoCAD
3. Management of work packages with scope to move up to managing smaller schemes
4. Client liaison as necessary to deliver the schemes/projects
5. Production of technical reports as required.
6. It is not necessary, but is desirable if the Candidate has experience of MX and/or AutoCAD Civil 3D.
1. Experience of working to British standards is essential.
2. Degree qualified in Civil Engineering or equivalent
3. Good written and verbal communication skills
4. Full, clean driver's license
5. Ability to work on own initiative and as part of a team
6. Confidence to seek clarification of instructions and work scope
7. Skills in one or more industry standard design software
8. Adept in the use of AutoCAD and aptitude to develop in MX/Civils3D
9. Proficient in use of standard office software
10. The successful candidate will be capable of working to tight project timescales, work comfortably under pressure and have an open and honest approach.
11. Evidence of good communication and team work skills will be sought.
What do you do now?
For more information on this role, please contact David So on or send your CV to - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.