Head of Data Science
We are currently looking to speak with Senior Data Scientists for a Head of Data Science position for my client based in London. They are a tech company going through a period of tremendous growth, whose specialism is the predictive analytics sector. At present they are currently changing the market in this sector.
They work across multiple market sectors including; retail, aerospace, and automotive. They are always striving to improve their algorithms through on-going research, which is then adapted and integrated into their core products. Their solutions operate through both back end & front end technologies, which enables constant analysis of the analytics.
We're looking to add a Head of Data Science to the engineering team, to Lead for the Data Science team. We are looking for a Data Scientist who has
a strong technological and theoretical background, someone passionate about Data & career driven. You will constantly be in contact with Customers, so exceptional communication skills are essential.
This Head of Data Science job requires;
- PhD/MSc in mathematics, statistics, or an analytical field.
- Previous academic /industry or a combined experience
- Thorough understanding of machine learning algorithms.
- Excellent analytical & statistical modelling skills.
- Multiple years of exposure to Python.
It would be great if the Head of Data Science could have some of the following;
- Prior experience in utilising either Amazon Web Services, Spark & SQL, Pandas.
- Background knowledge of either Java and/or Scala programming
- Development experience
- Big Data Analytics & Visualisation