Senior Head of IT / Deputy Director
Senior Head of IT / Deputy Director of IT required for a large Public Sector organisation based in the West Midlands. The organisation is undergoing significant change in the way they deliver their services, uses their information and interacts with customers. A significant part of this change will be underpinned by the replacement of existing corporate systems and the development / implementation of new IT services.
The successful candidate will deputise to the IT Director and be responsible for the operational management of the user facing IT function, including project management, first line, IT comms and governance functions. Supported by functional teams, you will continue the development of a business partnering approach to the delivery of user facing IT services.
You will assist in the development and delivery of the Technology strategy, as well as ensuring that IT requirements are built into other departments’ business plans.
- To ensure the delivery of IT services to the organisation
- To manage the work of the First-line support, Governance, IT Security, IT Comms and Project Management Teams, including line management and professional/technical development of staff
- To support the user facing element of systems change projects
- Maintain a resource balance between the implementation of IT development projects and IT projects in support of business change.
- To manage the transition of new IT services from project to business as usual
- Ensure that IT services are reliable and secure, maintaining best practice in security, and change control
- Experience of managing multidisciplinary teams
- A background in one or more of the functional areas supervised is essential
- Experience of managing a customer/user facing service, including management and engagement of internal stakeholders
- Experience of managing and developing front line BAU services
- Significant involvement in the delivery of pure IT projects, and business projects with a significant IT element.
- Experience of communicating technical issues to a non-technical audience
- An understanding of best practice in change control and IT security
- Some experience of budgetary control would be advantageous
- Experience of presenting/communicating at Senior Management/Board level would be an advantage
For further information please contact, Sophie Peters, Associate Director at Seymour John