Sheet Plant Project Engineer- Home Based
DS Smith has an exciting opportunity for an experienced Engineer to join the Sheet Plant Cluster of DS Smith.
As the Sheet Plant Project Engineer it is expected that you assist in co-ordinating all engineering activity across the 7 Sheet Plant sites across the UK.
Your role will be instrumental in driving continuous improvement activity and engaging with the operation teams.
If you are a Multi-skilled Engineer, a Electrical bias Engineer with strong Mechanical skills or Mechanical bias Engineer with Electrical Knowledge and would like to further develop your career within an exciting and challenging environment, we do want to hear from you!
What will this role involve?
• Act as a key communication means across the sites with regard to the engineering aspects. You will be focused on driving improvements to machine reliability and efficiency.
• You will be expected to co-ordinate and be part of the weekly engineering meetings remotely for all sites. Support the site engineers when needed, coaching and mentoring your colleagues and be instrumental in creating learning aids for them.
• Look at constantly reviewing the effectiveness of the PMI’s and development of them to aid efficiency & reliability improvements.
• Take a proactive approach to housekeeping and 5s within the department and complete quarterly safety and 5s audits.
• Monitor the management of contractors during projects ensuring that all supporting documentation is up to date in.
• You also need to be a key user of the engineering SAP system to both manage workload and plan your own workload.
• Create and maintain an essential spares list for each site cross referenced across all sites to reduce individual spares holding.
What we expect the candidate to have:
• HNC Mechatronics / Electrical
• H&S (IOSH Managing Safely)
• Apprenticeship or Equivalent NVQ Status
• Passion for Continuous Improvement - Strong will to deliver results
• Advocate for Lean Principles
• Experience in an engineering environment - preferably corrugated.
• Experience of working in a highly computerised environment.
• Effective at influencing people.
• Experienced at fault finding on machines.
• Experienced in PLC and inverter drive technology, be able to fault find on them.
• Ability to write clear effective reports and procedures.
• Experienced in training others
• Strong Leadership skills
About DS Smith...
DS Smith is a leading supplier of recycled packaging, both within the UK market and throughout Europe. A FTSE 250 listed business with a turnover in excess of £4 billion. The organisation employs over 26,000 people worldwide & is continuing to grow both organically & through acquisition.
•25 days holiday plus Bank Holidays
•Annual cycle to work scheme
•Car allowance and paid travel expenses
Location: Home Based preferably in the Midlands area with access to good transport links