Senior Estimator - Refurbishment
I am currently working with a construction company who have a strong track record of delivering quality projects in the affordable housing, private and public sectors. They currently have ambitious growth plans and continue to establish its position as a leading contractor and housebuilder in London and the South East.
They currently require a Senior Estimator to join as the Principal Estimator working on Social Housing refurbishment projects for the company. The company will offer the right candidate new build experience if they were looking to expand their role and knowledge in this sector.
- Ability to read and understand contract drawings, specification sand contract obligations
- Good communication skills and the ability to offer practical advice on construction methods and practices
- Commercial and experienced in estimating with Design & Build and traditional formats in residential housing schemes up to value of £15million.
- Good knowledge of Local Authority/Housing Association procurement methods
- Must have a good understanding of the partnering process, design/build and traditional contracting process
- Excellent analytical skills and sound IT knowledge including excel and a proprietary estimating software.
- A good understanding of supply chain and industry products.
- Good measurement skills.
We are seeking candidates with a minimum of 10 years estimating experience with a contractor, who have previous experience working on social housing refurbishment projects, particularly with local authority clients. The ideal candidate will be analytic, methodical, have the ability to work on their own or as part of a wider team. A degree in Construction Management or Quantity Surveying is desirable though not essential.
Salary: £75,000 to £85,000 per annum with car/car allowance, fuel card, pension scheme, BUPA Healthcare, discretionary bonus and 26 days Annual Leave.
Please submit your CV if you feel the above role suits your needs and experience.