Chartered Civil Structural Engineer
Job Title: Chartered Civil | Structural Engineer
Salary: £45K - £55K
We currently have a fantastic opportunity and are looking for a highly experienced Principal Civil Engineer. You will report directly to the Company Director and will lead and oversee a team of Engineers and Technicians across wide variety of exciting projects.
We are a highly successful organisation where the candidate will be encouraged and supported to progress into an Associate position.
Responsibilities & Duties will include but not be limited to:
1. Leading and managing a team of Engineers and Technicians, including mentoring, coaching and training
2. Taking ownership of own projects across civils, bridges, rail and temporary works
3. Preparing and managing project programmes, workload and resources
4. Designing civil schemes and reviewing, checking and approving designs prepared by others
5. Liaising with clients to verify project scope and ensure deliverables
6. Carrying out inspections, site surveys and assessments of structures and preparing reports
7. Preparation of tenders and fee proposals
8. Developing new and existing client relationships
Experience, Qualifications, Skills, Knowledge & Attributes Required:
1. Relevant Civil or Structural Engineering degree
2. Chartered Engineer (ICE or IStructE)
3. Strong technical knowledge within design and assessment in all major materials, including inspections, analysis, feasibility reviews and new-build detailed design
4. Considerable project management experience across rail, civils, bridges and temporary works, with drive and a proven record to meeting targets
5. Experience within the UK industry; preferably with rail procedures, Eurocode and Highway standards
6. Experience leading and developing a team of Engineers
7. Experience acting as Civils CRE or CEM on rail projects
8. Client focused approach with effective interpersonal and communication skills
9. Strong commercial awareness
10. Full UK driving licence and own transport
11. Eligible to live and work in the UK and high standard of written English
What do you do now?
If you wish to discuss this vacancy further, please contact David So on or send your CV to: - keep up to date with our vacancies on the Appoint Group Consulting Engineering page on LinkedIn.