Paraplanning Manager - Chelmsford
Recruit Uk are working on an excellent opportunity with our client who is a leading specialist within Wealth Management, Employee Benefits and Insurance Services firm in Bath. Due to expansion, they are looking for a Paraplanning Manager to manage teams across 3 offices. to focus on excellent client service delivery by leading, managing, coaching and developing the paraplanning team so they know what is expected and can maximize their contributions to the business. You will be reviewing and appraising team and individual performances through 1:1 meetings and regular reviews.
Your main duties and responsibilities will consist of:
- Process Review & Improvement and Workflow Analysis
- Develop and implement efficient work streams and Service Level Agreements (SLAs) that supports excellent client service delivery.
- Identify and implement systems and tools in support of delivering the smartest and most efficient way of working.
- Manage team workflow and produce regular MI reporting.
- Implement and manage time recording across the team.
- Work closely with the Business Process Manager to identify, analyze and improve core processes and workflows utilizing the "normal-good-great" model.
- Understand the client journey and all client touch points through mapping techniques and make improvements that deliver a first class client experience.
- Work with Business Process Manager to take responsibility for ensuring that each process meets business requirements and delivers the smartest and most efficient way of working.
- Ensure best practice is shared and consistency achieved in operational processes and customer service irrespective of geographical location.
- Project and Team Working ? Ensure effective communication between Financial Planner, Paraplanner, and PA to ensure a continued professional service is provided to clients at all times.
- Undertake projects relating to the role or Operations Team as necessary.
This is a full-time role managing three offices in Bath, Cheltenham, and Chelmsford so requires the candidate to hold a full driving license. It is essential that you have previous experience of managing a team and working within a similar role within financial services. That you are professional with a proven strong client focus. That you have an experience within the end to end lifecycle of a client journey and hold extensive knowledge of the financial services sector specifically within Wealth Management.
The successful candidate will hold the level 4 diploma, have a good working knowledge of FCA principles and rules with strong interpersonal, communication and customer service skills.
For more information regarding this role please contact Louise Bibb on 01179-170-416 and quote reference 2815.