Semi-Senior / Senior Accountant for ICAEW practice
Lotuswise is a firm of ICAEW Chartered Accountants. We are a small, yet ambitious firm delivering quality compliance and value added services to our clients. We do this by employing the best people and by using the latest technology. Our clients are businesses in a variety of sectors and many are international. We are growing fast and currently seek to employ an Accounts and Tax Semi-Senior (or, in the case of an exceptional candidate, an Accounts and Tax Senior). We have a culture of excellence and our people can expect the CPD support necessary to achieve it.
Location: Our office is located in Eastcote, Middlesex, very close to the Metropolitan and Piccadilly Line Station with very good transport links to surrounding areas in North-west London as well as Central London.
The successful candidate will be responsible for various aspects of client work including:
- Preparation of statutory accounts under UK GAAP
- Preparation of personal tax returns
- Preparation of company tax returns
- Some transaction work on Cloud Accounting Systems
- Preparation of accounts files and working papers
- Ad hoc duties: Occasional payroll and VAT work; assisting with other work as necessary
Qualifications and experience required:
- Qualified or finalist ACA/ACCA (if Semi-Senior Applicant)
- Qualified ACA / ACCA (if Senior Applicant)
- Conversant with FRS102 and FRS105
- Working knowledge of Income Tax, Corporation Tax, Capital Gains Tax. Familiar with tax treatment of expenses and benefits. Exposure to taxation of rental properties.
- Skilled in intermediate Microsoft Excel; Competent with other Office software.
- Use of accounting packages (e.g. QuickBooks Online)
- Experience of working in an accounting practice
- Excellent oral and written communication skills;
- Ability to multi-task while also working with precision and accuracy;
- Application of rigour to all tasks allocated;
- Well presented, enthusiastic with "Can-Do" attitude;
- Good time and deadline management;
- Team player and able to progress into supervision
Applicants should write a BRIEF covering letter giving the following information:
- Current employer (or last employer if not currently employed)
- Position held
- Current salary (or last salary if not currently employed)
- Reason for leaving
- Notice period and
- When available to commence new employment
- Why you consider yourself to be a good match for this role and our firm
Semi-senior - £23,000 - £30,500 per annum depending on experience and qualifications; Senior - competitive, depending on experience and qualifications